The Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC) offers a research-based approach to incorporating literacy into all content areas in grades K-12 by providing a common framework that facilitates teacher creativity and provides differentiated, meaningful, and engaging learning experiences for students. Equipping teachers with the tools and training needed to implement the college- and/or career-ready expectations embodied in the Common Core State Standards so that all students experience effective teaching and learning in all subject areas throughout their schooling and emerge with the skills necessary to meet the demands of the 21st century global marketplace.
The LDC Toolkit contains the materials needed to provide professional development to elementary and secondary teachers on LDC. The toolkit is a resource for LDC teacher trainers, LDC teachers, and anyone interested in learning more about LDC.
Start by reviewing the documents entitled “Introduction to the Toolkit” and “Toolkit Tips for Trainers” before proceeding to the training and supplemental materials.
If your school, district, or BOCES is interested in learning more about LDC and/or implementing this fresh approach to incorporating literacy into elementary, middle and/or high school content areas, the Colorado Legacy Foundation can assist you with identifying a consultant who can provide a variety of levels of professional development services or you can simply utilize the on-line toolkit.
To discuss how CLF can support your district with LDC implementation, contact:
Jeri Crispe, Director – Initiatives at email@example.com or 303.736.6477
- Introduction to the Toolkit
- Toolkit Tips for Trainers
- LDC Rules of the Road
- 1.0 Guidebook to LDC
- LDC Template Tasks (Collection 2)
- LDC Elementary Argumentation Module Template
- LDC Elementary Informational and Explanatory Module Template
- LDC Elementary Template Task (version 1)
- Educurious Science Tasks
- LDC Argumentation Teaching Task Template
- LDC Informational Explanatory Teaching Task Template
- LDC Narrative Teaching Task Template
- Template Task – History and SS Grades 6-12
- Template Task – Informational – Grades 6-12
- Template Task – ELA – Grades 4-12
Session One: Introduction to LDC and Module Creator (One Day Training)
Session One: Introduction to LDC and Module Creator (Two Day Training)
Session Two: Scoring Student Work and Refining Modules (One Day Training)
Session Two: Scoring Student Work and Refining Modules (Two Day Training; Following a One Day Training)
Session Three: Scoring Student Work and Using Results to Refine Modules and Improve Instruction (One Day Training)
Professional Learning Bytes
- PLC Bytes Module 1 – Vocabulary
- PLC Bytes Module 2 – Essential Questions
- PLC Bytes Module 3 – Note Taking
- PLC Bytes Module 4 – Close Reading
- PLC Bytes Module 4 – Close Reading Supporting Materials
- PLC Bytes Module 5 – Text Complexity
- PLC Bytes Module 5 – Text Complexity– Supporting Materials
- PLC Bytes Module 6 – Supporting Student Writing
- PLC Bytes Module 6 – Supporting Student Writing Supporting Materials
- PLC Bytes Module 7 – Creating Access and Understanding for English Learners
- PLC Bytes Module 8 – Revising and Editing
LDC Alignment to Standards and Evaluation
LDC Module Exemplars
- LDC Brochure
- LDC Overview PowerPoint (Precursor to Training)
- LDC Websites
- CO Districts where LDC is in use
- CO LDC Consultants
- Trainer of Trainers
- CLF Integration Video
- LDC FAQ’s
- Research for Action – Conditions that Support LDC
- Research for Action – Summary of Early Findings
- Literacy Matters videos
- Science, Social Studies, and RWC Standards and Prepared Graduate Competencies
- Research for Action – CCSS Literacy and Math Tools
- Eagle County Schools: Literary Support Resource
Introduction to Module Creator
The Literacy Design Collaborative is a loosely affiliated group of teachers and other partners building out a template-based approach to the literacy demands of college and the workplace, as defined by the Common Core State Standards. Learn more at www.ldc.org.
SHARE THE SHORTLINK: http://colegacy.org/srtC2BIZ67F
The Colorado Expanded Learning Opportunities (ELO) Commission was created to advance a ...
This webinar features experts and fellow practitioners that engage participants in: Gaining a ...
This guide has been developed from the lessons learned from Brighton, Eagle, ...