Colorado’s Teacher Perception Survey
The Colorado Legacy Foundation has engaged in a rigorous development and pilot process to create a Teacher Perception Survey that is specifically designed to align to Colorado’s Principal Quality Standards.
Why use a Teacher Perception Survey?
- Asks teachers about their experiences working in their schools and their principals’ leadership actions
- Provides actionable information for principals to improve their practice
- Sends a message to teachers that their voice and perspective is important
- Provides a more holistic picture than superintendent evaluations alone
- Helps principals demonstrate instructional leadership
- In districts where teachers participate in a Student Perception Survey, principals can build buy-in by participating in a similar process
- Results can serve as an optional measure for principal evaluation under SB191
Sarah Satterlee, Research & Impact
Colorado Legacy Foundation