Details Announced: June 20th Conference
Advancing Colorado’s Plan for Improving Instruction and Student Outcomes
***Conference and Potential Grant Opportunity***
The Colorado Legacy Foundation and the Colorado Department of Education invite Colorado school district leaders to attend a day-long conference designed to provide information about tools that can help in the integrated implementation of the new Colorado Academic Standards, aligned assessments, and educator performance evaluations systems in Colorado.
These tools are intended to support high-quality implementation efforts by local school districts as well as complement resources being developed by the CDE.
In addition, participants will be given information about a potential grant opportunity to serve as a demonstration site to model high-quality implementation of new performance evaluation systems aligned to Senate Bill 191 and formative instructional supports intended to support educators.
Date: Monday, June 20th, 2011
Time: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Location: Marriott Denver Tech Center
Address: 4900 S. Syracuse Street (I-25 and Belleview)
Continental Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
Interested districts are encouraged to send 3-5 representatives with the following roles and responsibilities, but please note that anyone with a strong interest is welcome to attend:
- Secondary School Teacher
- Curriculum and Instruction Director
- Professional Development
- Secondary School Principal
- Educator Performance Evaluations
Nationally-recognized speakers will provide an overview of the following tools and topics, and more:
- Shell Centre modules to support formative instructional practice in Math
- Literacy by Design tools for use in boosting literacy skills across the Colorado Academic Standards in secondary grades
- Educator performance dashboards and data analysis systems
- Using video resources for instructional coaching
- Ensuring reliable teacher observations
To attend, please go to http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=fb5b66cab&oeidk=a07e3y3h5pe95fbc301 and complete an online registration form by June 17th, 2011.
A limited number of travel stipends are available for school district representatives.